Milk occasionally collects and stores personal user information in connection with promotions at www.gonnaneedmilk.com. Whenever information of that kind is collected, Milk checks the ages of all site visitors before accepting information from them. No information is collected from guests under the age of 13 unless parental permission to do so is obtained as described below in the section designated “POLICY FOR KIDS (INDIVIDUALS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE).”
From time to time, Milk requests personal information such as your name, e-mail address and birth date. For example, we may request personal information when you request brochures or information on diet and exercise, or when you register to enter a promotion such as a sweepstakes or contest. Whenever Milk collects and stores such personal user information, information you provide will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent; however, Milk may share aggregate information about our visitors (for example, what percentages of our visitors are male and female) with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties in order to customize the content of our site to deliver a better experience for our visitors.
Whether Milk collects personal information for complying with your requests or in connection with your participation in a promotion or for purposes of verifying your compliance with Milk policies and federal, state, and local laws, and/or for editorial and feedback solicitation purposes, we will collect only such information as is necessary for those purposes and nothing more. We will not collect any information from children under 13 that is not necessary for participation in promotions such as sweepstakes or contests or fulfillment of requests for information, prizes or premium items. As more fully described below under the heading “POLICY FOR KIDS,” we will not use personal information collected from children under 13 for any purpose except for its intended use, which shall be disclosed at the time such information is requested.
Milk may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Milk’s rights or property, other Milk users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Milk may also disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Policy For Kids (Individuals Under 13 Years Of Age)
Guests under 13 years of age may participate in activities on our site upon registration (such as entry in a sweepstakes), unless a parent or guardian invalidates their registration. When a guest under 13 registers for a sweepstakes or contest, he/she will be required either to: (a) provide the e-mail address of a parent or guardian who will then receive an e-mail alert regarding his/her child’s attempted registration, or (b) print the registration/entry form and mail it with a parent/guardian’s signature. If such a guest wins, notification and prizes will be sent to the parent or guardian. Publication of names, ages, or likenesses of promotion winners under 13 requires parental or guardian consent.
Unsolicited requests for information on a one-time basis will be honored without parental consent, and any personal information used for purposes of responding will not be retained or used for any other purpose.
Policy For Teens (Individuals 13 To 17 Years Of Age)
Guests who are 13 to 17 years of age should seek parental consent before providing any personal identifying information on our site.
Use Of IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. Web servers — the big computers that “serve up” Web pages — automatically identify your computer by its IP address. Milk collects IP addresses for the purposes of system registration, to report aggregate information to our promotional partners, and to audit the use of our site.
When guests request pages from Milk sites, our servers log the guests’ IP addresses. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a user’s session will be logged, but the user remains anonymous to us. We can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our house rules or terms of service or to protect our service, site, customers, or others.
Links to Other Sites
Users should be aware that when they are on Milk, they can be directed to other sites, the content and practices of which are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from Milk pages that take you outside our service. This includes links from partners that may use Milk or the Milk’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While Milk strives to protect their users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
Milk’s policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond Milk’s control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our guests is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Milk can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Please note that it is our policy not to accept or consider unsolicited creative, production-related or other materials of any kind. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to this policy.
Disclaimers And Limitation Of Liability
We make no representations or warranties of any kind as to: (a) the accuracy or completeness of the information or materials on the site and assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in its content; (b) the availability for use of any copyrighted, trademarked or proprietary materials of third parties that may appear in this site; (c) computer viruses or other bugs that third parties may embed in or attach to this site without our knowledge or consent; (d) any software made available for downloading, copying or other use through this site; or (e) the merchantability, fitness for use, title and/or non-infringement of any or all of the contents of this site.
Neither we nor anyone involved in the creation or delivery of this site or whose materials or information appear on this site shall have any liability (whether based on contract, tort, statute or otherwise) for any costs, losses, damages (whether direct, indirect, compensatory, special, lost profits, liquidated, consequential or punitive), arising out of or in connection with the your access to, browsing of or use of this site or any of the contents of this site.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
This site is protected by U.S. copyright laws, and may be protected by the copyright laws of other countries and jurisdictions. Except as specifically permitted below, any copy, reproduction, display, performance or retransmission of the contents of this site is strictly prohibited.
Any use of “gonnaneedmilk.com” and “Got Milk?®” and any other trademarks, trade names and logos in which we, our subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions and licensors do business is strictly prohibited absent our prior written consent. In addition, the names, trade names and trademarks of third parties, including our promotional partners, that appear on this site are proprietary to their respective owners and may be used only with their express written permission. The mark and logo for “got milk?®” is a registered trademark of the California Fluid Milk Processor Advisory Board.
Use Of Milk Materials
All of our proprietary documents, images, designs and information, including information about our businesses and other public information posted about our company on this site may be copied, reproduced, downloaded and used, provided that: (1) copyright notice in the form “© The National Milk Processor Promotion Board”. Used With Permission. All rights reserved.” appears on every copy or reproduction of such materials; (2) you only use these materials for non-commercial, personal purposes; (3) you do not alter, edit or condense these materials; and (4) you do not use these materials to ridicule, disparage, harass or annoy anyone.
If you would like to use, copy, upload or retransmit any of our proprietary materials, call or e-mail us to request written permission. The contents of this site may contain documents, images, information and other materials not proprietary to us, such as photographs, clip art, film clips, musical passages, audio track or sound effects elements, or the names, trade names, trademarks, logos or designations of third parties. Any use whatsoever of any these non-Milk Materials is strictly prohibited, unless the prior written permission of the appropriate third parties has been secured.
User-Generated Content Policy
- 1. Overview
When you transmit, upload, post, e-mail or otherwise make available data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages or other materials (“User-Generated Content”) on or to any website, microsite or social media channel (“MilkPEP Properties”) owned, operated or controlled by the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board (“MilkPEP” or “we”), you are entirely responsible for such content.
- 2. User-Generated Content Terms and Conditions
- a. Grant of License to MilkPEP. By submitting, posting, or otherwise providing User-Generated Content to any MilkPEP Property, you agree you have received good and valuable consideration which is sufficient, and that you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to MilkPEP and its affiliates, an irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use such content for any purpose in any media, including promotions, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- b. Content and Originality. You represent that any User-Generated Content you post is your original work, and it does not include any material subject to a third-party’s copyright or trademark protection, has not been previously published, and has not won previous awards.
- c. Use of Names and/or Likenesses Without Permission Prohibited. User-Generated Content must not contain any individual’s name, in whole or in part, refer to public figures, or contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other identifying elements of any entity and/or person, living or dead, without permission. You represent and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, no permissions are necessary for MilkPEP to use and distribute the User-Generated Content you post to the MilkPEP Properties.
- d. Illegal, Offensive or Inappropriate Content Prohibited. User-Generated Content must not contain (i) words, images or statements considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group, (ii) material that is unlawful, sexually explicit, or libelous, or (iii) content that potentially infringes on third party rights.
- e. Submission of User-Generated Content by Children under Age Thirteen Prohibited. No child under age thirteen (13) may submit any User-Generated Content to any MilkPEP Property.
- f. No Endorsement by MilkPEP. MilkPEP does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, any User-Generated Content.
- g. Disclaimer of MilkPEP Liability. MilkPEP expressly disclaims any and all liability that arises in connection with User-Generated Content.
- h. Indemnification of MilkPEP. By submitting User-Generated Content, you agree to indemnify MilkPEP for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, or claims arising out of or in connection with your of User-Generated Content.
- i. Removal of User-Generated Content. MilkPEP reserves the right to remove any User-Generated content on any MilkPEP Property at any time for any reason.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
ATTN: Marketing Coordinator, gonnaneedmilk.com
1250 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005