- 3/4 cup – all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup – yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons – sugar
- 1 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon – kosher salt
- 2 – eggs
- 3/4 cup – low-fat or fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup – fat-free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons – vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 2 cups – frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
Preheat griddle to 350°F. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a second bowl, combine eggs, milk, sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Whisk wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moist (do not over mix; a few lumps are okay). Lightly coat griddle with non-stick spray, then pour 1/3 cup batter per cake onto griddle.
Place some blueberries in each griddle cake. When the cakes appear dry on the edges and bubbles appear on the surface, turn over with a spatula and continue to cook until done. Serve griddle cakes warm with your favorite topping.
303 calories; 12 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 74 mg cholesterol; 7 g protein; 43 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 410 mg sodium; 151 mg calcium. Nutrition figures based on using fat-free milk.