Hearty Oatmeal with Strawberries, Dried Cherries and AlmondsWarm Cereals
- 1 3/4 cup – low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1 cup – old-fashioned or quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon – brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon – ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup – sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup – dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons – toasted sliced almonds
Combine milk, oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent boiling over.
Cook until thickened; divide between two serving bowls and top with strawberries, cherries, and almonds; serve immediately.
360 calories; 6 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g protein; 61 g carbohydrates; 6 fiber; 0 mg sodium; 300 mg calcium. Nutrition figures based on using fat-free milk.