Blue Moon Milk MixerOdds And Ends
For when you need a cocktail, and the kids need a treat (mocktail) of their own! Celebrate with the whole family with this Blue Moon Milk Mixer.
- Alcoholic Cocktail:
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) – white chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) – vodka
- 1/2 cup – milk (whole or 2% will give the drink a creamier consistency)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – white chocolate syrup
- 10-15 drops – plant-based blue food coloring (less if using traditional food coloring)
- blue and white candy melts (optional, for rim)
- Kid-Friendly Mocktail:
- 2-3 tablespoons – white chocolate syrup
- 1 cup – milk
- 15-25 drops – plant-based blue food coloring (less if using traditional food coloring)
- blue and/or white candy melts (optional, for rim)
- plastic vampire teeth (optional, for garnish)
Combine all ingredients except for the candy melts in a cocktail shaker with ice. Cover and gently shake. Set aside to allow the drink to get cold.
While the drink chills, shave 5-10 blue and/or white candy melts onto a small dish using a zester or fine grater. Lightly coat the rim of a glass with white chocolate syrup and then gently press into the shaved candy melts.
Just before serving, shake the drink vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Pour into the prepared cocktail glass, and enjoy immediately.
210 calories; 2.5g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 10mg cholesterol; 8g protein; 42g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 115mg sodium; 300mg calcium. Nutrition figures based on using low-fat white milk and do not include optional ingredients. Nutritional figures based on mocktail version.
Recipe & photo by: Elle Penner of According to Elle